We have recently received the attached correspondence from FMC. A lot is happening there - it always amazes how much ground they cover with such limited resources - thanks to Peter Wilson (FMC President), the FMC Exec and Jamie Stewart their part time Administrator.
Key updates are:
1. Continuing to represent sanity for the outdoor community in the face of political pressure to circumvent all the conservation estate protection legislation and plans implemented over the last few decades
2. Encouragement for Youth Membership via not charging for school age FMC members
3. FMC Bulletin name change to "Backcountry – The quarterly bulletin of the Federated Mountain Clubs"
4. FMC is recruiting a Development Officer - see attached Development Officer Advertisement - your next great opportunity !
5. FMC Executive 2017-2018 nominations open - Let the ATC Committee know if you are interested, and we will nominate you
6. FMC will shortly be launching a new website - www.wilderlife.nz - that will showcase our outdoor culture, communities and opportunities to a wider audience and attract prospective members to FMC and affiliated clubs