The committee has decided to wait at least 4 weeks after moving to Level 2 as a precaution to protect our members from any new Covid-19 spike.

Level 2 restrictions around maximum total group size of 10 and social distancing requirements make our normal day and weekend trips problematic anyway. We've assumed since before the Level 4 lockdown that we would need to be at Level 1 to resume most activities, and this may well end up being the case.

Keep an eye on our website for updated information.

Other measures adopted for now are:

  • Cancel our May club night, leaving our June club night as “Suspended” for now – we want to be at Alert Level 1 before we resume club meetings
  • Defer the AGM from June to July – a definite decision was needed as to a date for the AGM, because of the related annual paperwork
  • Possibly delay the AGM further into August or September, if the Covid-19 situation is still not under control in June
  • Distribute all annual documentation as usual towards the end of May
  • Run a postal / email ballot of members in June to seek approval for the committee’s recommendation to keep club subscriptions at the same rate for the coming year.
  • This will allow subscription renewals to proceed as per the usual timetable.