The Federated Mountain Clubs (FMC) represents us all in ensuring our interests are presented at a national level. They work closely with government, the Department Of Conservation, and other national bodies covering the full range of Outdoor Activities and Interests. The ATC is affiliated to FMC, and $15 of your ATC subscription is your affiliation fee to FMC. This fee provides you with the FMC Card which provides valuable discounts on DOC's Annual Hut Pass and at many outdoor retailers.
You are encouraged to check the FMC website regularly for updates. We also receive regular FMC newsletter emails which have been extracted and attached to this page.
In the latest edition
- FMC 90th anniversary celebration - Queenstown, October 2021
- FMC Executive 2021 - 2022
- Quarry application in the South Westland UNESCO World Heritage Area - why ?
- Griffin Creek hydro application saga
- Untamed Aotearoa Podcast
- Disaster for a Paddling Trip on the Waiohine River
FMC facilitate an interesting website Wilderlife which provides useful information about travelling in the NZ Backcountry, exciting backcountry trips that people have been on, and events that you can join.