The Federated Mountain Clubs (FMC) represents us all in ensuring our interests are presented at a national level. They work closely with government, the Department Of Conservation, and other national bodies covering the full range of Outdoor Activities and Interests. The ATC is affiliated to FMC, and $15 of your ATC subscription is your affiliation fee to FMC. This fee provides you with the FMC Card which provides valuable discounts on DOC's Annual Hut Pass and at many outdoor retailers.
You are encouraged to check the FMC website regularly for updates. We also receive regular FMC newsletter emails which have been extracted and attached to this page.
In the latest edition
- FMC 90th anniversary celebration - just over a month to go !
- Adventures with Emilie - mother and daughter to commence Te Araroa
- Pocket Access Maps app from the Walking Access Commission
- Proposal to amend some geographic names in Fiordland
- Wilderness Area Classic Trips
- Addition to FMC Card Discount Scheme - Venture Foods plant based and vegetarian options
- Backcountry Little Ads
- What's on in your region - Wilderlife
- and more ...
In the August edition
- FMC 90th anniversary celebration - Politicians debate
- 2021 FMC Expedition Scholarship and Training Grant applications close Sept 15
- FMC Photo Competition - entires close Sept 15
- Safety in the Mountains out of stock, but more on the way
- Track Damage in Taranaki ... and elsewhere - do check before you go
- Sale of the Arnold Heine book collection
- Contributions required fior update to alpine guidebook to Mt Aspiring and Otago Alpine Regions
- Kaumatua TC 60th anniversary book
- and more ...
FMC facilitate an interesting website Wilderlife which provides useful information about travelling in the NZ Backcountry, exciting backcountry trips that people have been on, and events that you can join.
Here is the latest newsletter - website link