The Society’s objectives are to:Promote and support the Auckland Regional Parks as places for people, biodiversity and conservation.
- Support other Friends groups, volunteer groups and other organizations associated with the Regional Parks and Specialty Parks.
- Support the use of Regional and Specialty Parks by the diversity of Auckland residents.
- Provide the “regional” perspective and strategic view of an expanding Regional Parks network.
- Be the most fully informed citizens’ group on Auckland’s Regional Park system.
- Promote education and understanding of the values of the Parks to greater Auckland, the media and the wider community.
- Ensure that the potential of the volunteer sector is recognized and engaged.
- Undertake special projects in support of the Parks.
- Raise awareness of any threats to the integrity of the Regional Parks and ensure that the environmental, social, recreation, economic, cultural and heritage benefits are included in long range and operational plans.
- Conduct activities that will promote membership of the Friends (FORParks) and support its objectives.
The Auckland Tramping Club supports FOR Parks and endorses their work on behalf of us all.